- Ready-to-use potting soil great for all potted aquatic pond plants
- Unique blend of acrillite & zeolite secures pond plants in their pots
- Great potting media for water lilies, lotus plants, irises as well as bog plants
Properly pot your pond plants with media specially designed for aquatic plants. API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA is a unique blend of acrillite and zeolite that will not float or cloud pond water, clog pump and filters, or alter pH. Securely holds plants in place so they can develop strong root systems.
API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA is recommended for all potted aquatic plants, such as water lilies, lotus plant and irises as well as bog plants
- API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA should be fully saturated with water for ease of use. Pour API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA into a clean bucket and fully cover the granules with water.
- Prepare the pot for API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA by covering any holes with a piece of nylon screen or weed barrier material to keep API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA from leaking out.
- Add about three inches of pre-soaked API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA into bottom of pot or basket.
- To promote lush plant growth, add a plant fertilizer as API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA is not a fertilizer,
- Arrange the plant roots into the pot and gently cover roots with API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA and fill the pot to about 1" from the rim. Top off with decorative stones.
- Slowly lower the pot into the pond. There will be some trapped air in the soil. It will bubble out as the plant is lowered into the water.
Caution: Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes, open sores or cuts. Wash exposed skin thoroughly after use. Keep out of the reach of children.
Why use API POND AQUATIC PLANTING MEDIA?
- Recommended for all potted aquatic plants, such as water lilies, lotus plants and irises as well as bog plants.
- Securely holds the plants in the pot.
- Will not float or cloud the pond water when plants are moved, fertilized or disturbed by fish.
- Will not clog filters & pumps, change pH or discolor the pond water.
- Does not contain peat or compost.